see your work published
Inkwell is the student literary magazine at Bethany Lutheran College. We publish annually in the spring.
- We welcome submissions from Bethany students, alumni, and staff. We look for quality, polished pieces that represent the best of the Bethany community’s creative work.
- Inkwell does not accept previously published work.
- Once submissions are accepted, you may submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Spring 2019 Submission” and the genre in the subject line.
- Submissions should be attached as either .doc, .docx, .pdf or .jpeg files.
- Multiple submissions are accepted.
- Please include a brief cover letter and bio with your submission. Also, we ask that you let us know if you’re submitting as a current student, alumni, or faculty/staff member.
- The 2019 submission deadline is March 1, 2019
THE WELL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We also regularly feature fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, book and event reviews, interviews, as well as musings on writing and the writing life on The Well, our blog. We accept submissions to The Well year-round, and provide editorial feedback to contributors.
We appreciate work grounded in strong images, but try us. We often don’t know what we’ll love till we read it. Submit poetry work single spaced.
We primarily look for short stories, but novel excerpts are acceptable if self-contained. We typically publish pieces under 5,000 words.
We are interested in photography and other visual art. All visual art will be published in color. Electronic submissions only.
We publish original non-English submissions accompanied by their English translation. We prefer poetry and flash fiction/flash essays in this category.
We welcome sharp, engaging plays ten pages and under. Excerpts from larger works are acceptable if self-contained.
We are interested in memoir, personal essays, profiles, lyric essays, and literary journalism. Book reviews and traditional academic essays are not considered. We typically publish pieces under 5,000 words.